Property Managers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by evergreenco, Apr 14, 2005.

1. evergreenco

evergreenco LawnSite Member
    from NC

How is the best way to market to Property Managers?
    What month are most bids taken for commercial work?

2. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi evergreenco,

Quite often we will see that going in and visiting them in person is the best way. Then ask them questions about their bidding process. Don't forget to leave a business card.

3. vharrison2

vharrison2 LawnSite Member

Go and introduce yourself and give them some of your properties to look at. The timing on the contracts will vary depending on the type and location in the country. In Key West it is mostly winter as all the snow birds are here and they can get a consensus. I would bet in NC it would be in the summer, again depending on the type of property you are targeting.

4. Equipguy

Equipguy LawnSite Senior Member

We try to find a specific property that looks like it needs work and then find the property manager of that property. Once we get in the door then we can talk with other managers in the office. We also make cold calls to property management companies that manage the type of commercial property we want to add. We market all year long. EVERY week cause sometimes it's who shows up when they need something. Good Luck!

5. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

That would be a bad bet then :p Most true Commercials that I know of in the area I service and have for many years here in NC run the calendar year, Jan-Dec. Now yes of course some always run different but rarely will one run later than April-March. By the Summer heck we have probably 12-15 cuts already done.