Property Managers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GSPHUNTER, Feb 26, 2008.

1. GSPHUNTER

GSPHUNTER LawnSite Senior Member

I've been writing letters to property managers lately, and got my first call today. This is going to be my first experience with dealing with the commercial side. I feel like I've learned alot from this site, and it's time to take the knowledge into the real world.

From everyone's experiences with management co's, will they let you pick and choose which places on their list you want to service. Being solo, there is no way I can tackle a 20 acre town house development alone, but I may want some of their other business. Is there any way to go about this.

Any other tips with dealing with management companies. I have an initial meeting with a guy tomorrow to go over 5 or 6 properties they want serviced.

Thanks

2. touhey33

touhey33 LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know how it goes, Im solo and would like to get into the commercial market. Would you mind telling me what you wrote in the letter that got you the call.

Thanks,
    Tim
    Green Envy Mowing

3. Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

touhey33,

How do you like your Quick 36 Samurai? I have a 36" JD fixed deck that I bought to get into fences, but the height adjustment is minimal while in the field. I just found out about the Better products and have heard good things. Just wondering how you've liked yours?

Thanks,

Jimmy

4. touhey33

ITs been great so far. I've only used it one season, but theres really no learning curve to use it. I don't have a sulky for it though, I just use it for gated and really small yards. Its pretty easy to change the height well in field, just change the spacers and loosen two bolts, takes about two minutes i that.

5. Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care

Chill "Cuts" Lawn Care LawnSite Member
    from NC

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think I'm gonna get one for sure. Everything I've heard has been good and I don't think you can beat it for the price. I just need something to get into gates with. Here in NC, I can be cutting Bermuda or Centipede at one house and Fescue at the house right next to it. I've got to have something that I can change the cut height relatively easily in the field. Sounds like this is the machine for me. Thanks again for the "Quick" reply!

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

GSP - I am one of those just getting into a little bit of commercial business this coming season. With the list that the Prop Mgr provides you, you will just need to do some cherry picking to find properties that suit your operations. This may mean getting in the car and driving to a lot of properties until you find ones you want to bid. OR asking the Mgr about lot sizes/property types. Then just prepare your bids for the properties individually and submit along with a copy of your GL Cert.

7. touhey33

What is a GL Cert? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

8. American_Lawn

American_Lawn LawnSite Member

I just went and gave flyers to all the property mgmt. companies. They gave me a list and I went and bid each one. If they just want a one time service, I gave them and estimate based on the size. $35 for 100X100, house included. This is just mow, trim, and go.

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to be vague...GL cert is General Liability Insurance Certificate

10. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

how did you find the property managers