1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

property managment

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by mike33087, Feb 24, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 LawnSite Member

i know this site is geared towards landscapers and the sort, but i was wondering if we might get a thread for property managers / managament. so that way we can talk with people who dod this everyday and gain an idea of what the want / like / dont like. i am interested in getting into property managment and feel that this would be a great thread.

2. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

Hi Mike,

I do property management in Dayton, Ohio. I also run a lawn and landscaping service. It just depends upon the property as to what property managers want.

From the standpoint of servicing a property manager, you want to get the account of a high dollar, high profile property. Get a high dollar property where appeal is importnat and you can make some money. If it is a homeowners association, you usually end up picking up clients within the community.

If it is just a cash cow apartment building with little appeal in a below average neighborhood, the whole contract will be awarded on price alone.