1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

property managment

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by mike33087, Feb 24, 2007.

1. mike33087

mike33087 LawnSite Member

i know this site is geared towards landscapers and the sort, but i was wondering if we might get a thread for property managers / managament. so that way we can talk with people who dod this everyday and gain an idea of what the want / like / dont like. i am interested in getting into property managment and feel that this would be a great thread.
  2. SidelinePropMgr

SidelinePropMgr LawnSite Member

Hi Mike,

I do property management in Dayton, Ohio. I also run a lawn and landscaping service. It just depends upon the property as to what property managers want.

From the standpoint of servicing a property manager, you want to get the account of a high dollar, high profile property. Get a high dollar property where appeal is importnat and you can make some money. If it is a homeowners association, you usually end up picking up clients within the community.

If it is just a cash cow apartment building with little appeal in a below average neighborhood, the whole contract will be awarded on price alone.