1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Property mgmt. companys

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by enviouslawns, Feb 11, 2008.

1. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

I have about 10 local property company i contacted about putting bids in for them and was told send a letter of interest and proof of $1mill liability coverage. this was about a month ago. i was wondering what happens from here? will they send me a packet withh all there properties? and about how long before the season starts will i get the info....any input would be great.
  2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

im having that same problem down here in Tampa.i will be paying attention 2 this post
  3. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

from my experience, you have to be persistent. send the letter, give the property manager a week or so and then call and follow up, setup a meeting with them and go in and get the info on the properties.
  4. Sunstate Lawn

Sunstate Lawn LawnSite Member

Take the initiative. Ask them when you two can get together and discuss their needs. If you offer other services, that helps a lot. My company offers "grounds maintenance", which is a fancy way of saying we empty trash cans, blow off grills, ect... We also have a lot of different reports we email around. The best one we found is a dicrepency report that we turn in after every visit. It gives the management company an idea of things that they can do to improve the community. Management companies are notoriously inefficient and really need to be led by than the hand.