1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

property owner search

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cutterj, Mar 13, 2005.

1. cutterj

cutterj LawnSite Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to look up a property owner if you know there address. I'm thinking of targeting homeowners in the area that i know recieve lawn care. I think it would be more proffesional if the letter was personally addressed to them. Any ideas?
  2. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Some places have a GIS site through the county. GIS is for Geographical Information System and it is used a lot by Realtors. If you know a realtor, check with them. We have it here and I can get the property owner's name and address to any peice of property in the county.
  3. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

4. newleaflandscape

newleaflandscape LawnSite Senior Member

5. Groundcover Solutions

Groundcover Solutions LawnSite Bronze Member

Ah this question pertains to me since I used to work in commercial realestate. Most cities have there records online every parcel should be given what is called a sidwell number. You can usually look these up on there web sites. If the city dose not have a web site a good place to call is the assessors office you can give them an address and they will give you all the information on file. You can also visit your cities assessors office and take a look at parcel maps and get the sidwell number or parcel id from them. this way you do not even need an address. This should give you the owners name the person or entity that payed the taxes last year and so on. All of this is public information and any one can access it for personal or commercial use.
  6. cutterj

cutterj LawnSite Member

thanks newleaf, the link you gave seems to do what I want. Hopefully the idea works out.
  7. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

There is a site that allows you to enter an address and find all the addresses in the surrounding area .