Property Preservation?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GravelyWalker, Feb 20, 2013.

1. cooperthumb

cooperthumb LawnSite Member

You can also negotiate the price a bit I know with the company I work for because I agreed to take on more accounts from them we implemented a 3 tier pricing so more orders a little less per yard.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. westerfield

westerfield LawnSite Member

I have a contract with a company call safeguard and i get 25 per cut, its just a mow and blow, if there are weeds and shrub trimming i have to take pics and call in to get an extra 15 bucks, which i rather bid next time i get that account have it pre aproved.

you have to take pics of all the work been done, and at some point they wanted me to measure how long the lawn was before and after i cut it. f that!

anyways i use to make about 250 a day cutting 10 lawns which would take me about 15 mins to cut each

3. SIRKY

SIRKY LawnSite Member

Safeguard is the biggest joke I have ever worked for. Pay is way to low they are getting 90-100 for that yard you cut. I just think thats to much to take when the contractors are doing all the work.

4. westerfield

westerfield LawnSite Member

Yes i know, they are a shitty company to work with but like a said, homes are small, mow and blow made me profit, plus i picked up a few small landscape jobs from neighbors.

Trust me it sux ass but i did make a profit, i was making 600 for two days of work.

I do not recommend working for these people they are low ballers and they expect the world for the pay.

noobs should stay away.

if your not good with pics DON'T TRY IT. they will deduct and charge you money for loosing 1 pic

if you miss 1 pic they deduct 25 bucks miss 2 pics you have to pay them 25

and they go up to 75 on back charges.

why would anyone pay money to work?

5. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

We used to go through 10 plush Sony Cybershots a year. Switched to Nikon Coolpix AW100 Shockproof and Waterproof. All digital zoom so no mechanical lens to get mucked up with dust and dirt. Nicest camera I've found for preservation work.

6. Greg78

With grass cuts pics are easy. You have to get a system and stick to it every time make it a routine make every property the same. I've seen a lot of guys try and take pictures and they seem to be just snapping pics aimlessly. If you miss one or if a pic doesn't come out clear and you don't notice until you get back to the office there are ways around that.

7. Greg78

Another tip for new guys. Don't finance these companies that want to sub you the work. All the companies I work for cut me 2 checks a month for work performed that month. I will not do net 30, 60 or 90 no way in heck.

8. SIRKY

SIRKY LawnSite Member

Im the guy from preservation talk that recomended that camera glad you like it.

9. Greg78

thanks again Sir. Just posted over at PT about it. Really nice camera no flaws whatsoever.

10. SIRKY

SIRKY LawnSite Member

Thats awesome just glad I could be of help.