Proposal Assistance

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DSLND, Nov 21, 2007.

1. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey Guys,

Putting together a proposal for a some condo's.

They are wanting full lawn maintenance services, a long with snow removal services.

Question: I would like to submit the proposal by Monday, but they want prices for spring/fall clean ups.

Should i put "undetermined" on the proposal, and edit it once i can bid them both, and have the price remain in that range for the following years? Or should i give them an estimate based on surroundings such as trees, bushes, etc.

Thanks!

-Mitch-

2. bobcatnj

bobcatnj LawnSite Senior Member

think your a little young to handle this, but what do i know. how do you plow, when you have no license?

3. DSLND

I'm more mature than you would normally think of a fourteen year old as. I will be doing snow removal with a shovel. Truck with a plow will follow soon....

Thanks!

-Mitch-

4. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Yea, kinda what I was thinking. NOT the type of account for a 14 year old to take on. Plus I am sure they'll want fert and pesticides, and you can't do that till your 18, so why even bother bidding till then? I am 17 and would never even dream of bidding on an account like that untill after college. There is just no way, doing it part time.

5. DSLND

Let me clear some things up. This isn't a 100+ condo bid. It's six condo's right in a row. Total turf area is about a half acre. About thirty bushes that will be trimmed twice a year, aerating, mulch, spring/fall clean up, and snow removal. No fert. requested, if it was, i would sub it out.

Sorry about the error, should have been more specific.

Thanks!

-Mitch-

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Be careful not to underbid. Know of a guy that was doing a complex of approx. 20 condos for like $18 a unit. Another LCO came in and is doing them for $10 a unit. Leaving about half the money on the table. That is not something you want to do.

7. DSLND

I'm bidding it all as one, so it's easier. I'm also the only bidder, so that helps, too!

Thanks!

-Mitch-

8. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer LawnSite Silver Member

I would come up with a price for everything, otherwise they might not accept it. I am with you on the fert. stuff, I have a guy around here that is a school teacher and sprays lawns on the side. He does an awesome job and uses Conklin products, which are great. I say, go for it, bid on it. If you don't get it, try again next year. If you know you can handle it, do it. Learn about the bidding process.

9. DSLND

I have a very good chance of getting the bid, just trying to perfect the proposal. I will get prices together, and then if they give me the "ok" then i will type up a contract, and get it sealed for next year.

How's business for you?

-Mitch-