1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Proposal/Estimate help needed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bkcook2002, Jun 22, 2007.

1. bkcook2002

bkcook2002 LawnSite Member
    from Panama

I am living in a foreign country in Central America in a great tourist area with lots of home construction and residential areas being built. I got a few lawn jobs but I was just offered an opportunity to maintain the first completed lot and a large common area of a residential community, and they ask me for a proposal for the first 11 lots which range from .80 to 1.32 acres. Other lots I cut are paying $25 for about one third acre. This is not just mowing nice grass...this is pastureland with some brush. Any suggestions on what I should charge per acre to maintain these?

The manager also told me to give him a price for 1-4 lots, 5-8 lots, and 9-12 lots. Does that mean he is expecting a lower price per lot as the amount of lots I cut increase?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions from the pro's.
  2. AJ Lawnscapes

AJ Lawnscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Per Lot
    1-4 Lots -- $60
    5-8 Lots - $50
    9-12 Lots - $45
    Common Aread -- Depends on Size -- maybe $50

Of course this includes Trimming and Blowoff.

Make it worth your while, includes load up, drive to, unload, mow, load up and drive away and unload.

3. fiveoboy01

fiveoboy01 LawnSite Silver Member

Pastureland with some brush?

Been there done that, it's a pain, it wrecks blades, it hurts your back.

150 bucks per acre at the very bare minimum. At least that's what I'd charge, and if they won't pay it, I could care less cause I don't even really want to do it.