Proposal template... check it out.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jrebeiro, Apr 6, 2001.

1. teddy bear

teddy bear LawnSite Member

looks great very professional looking , thanks for sharing

2. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

Please remember I did not create the wording. All I did was copy the landscape proposal from Nebs.com added my logo and contact information to it. I did however create all the tables and hand typed everything in there. Glad to hear you are all enjoying it. Feel free to change it around or send me a pm if you cant get the formatting right when you add your own info.

3. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

Why do you give them three days to get out of the agreement?

4. jrebeiro

jrebeiro LawnSite Member

It's good business practice to allow a way out of a contract before services are performed. Besides what is lost by doing so? I personally dont buy any supplies I need for a specific job before I get a deposit or its 3 days prior anyway so I wont lose any money... just wont get the job.

5. John Allin

John Allin LawnSite Bronze Member

In most states it is a law that you have to give residential customers a way out within three days, if they so choose. Caveat is that if they sign the proposal in your office this law does not apply. It was enacted to protect unsuspecting citizens from high pressure sales tactics (example: you need a new roof Mr. Customer and if you sign up now we'll do the job in 3 hours starting now so you don't get flooded tonight when it rains). This is usually enforced by the State Attorney General's Office (Bureau of Consumer Protection).

The law does not usually apply to commercial jobs.

[Edited by John Allin on 04-09-2001 at 05:33 PM]

6. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

she looks great & the out clause is a real pro deal ....do the job right & word of mouth will do the rest

7. John C Stevens

John C Stevens LawnSite Member
    from MA

Nice work, and very generous of you to pass it around.THANKS!

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

In CT its the law. The law also dictates what typeface the notice must be printed in (it must also be bold, and in capital letters).

9. Henry

Henry LawnSite Senior Member

I just found this thread in a search but the link no longer works. Does anyone have this file?

10. smburgess

smburgess LawnSite Senior Member

John.....

(example: you need a new roof Mr. Customer and if you sign up now we'll do the job in 3 hours starting now so you don't get flooded tonight when it rains).

That makes no sense, how does that help someone who says
    "yes" to the work AND has the work done that same day? They would still have to pay for the work agreed to, without a doubt.