Proposing to clients

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Flat Top Lawn, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Flat Top Lawn

Flat Top Lawn LawnSite Member

I was wanting to call some local business, and see when they were taking bids. What would be some good pitch lines? Or what works for you?

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Your property looks like crap let me fix it. LOL

3. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

You owe me a monitor as I just spit my drink all over it.LMAO!!:p

4. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

"Can you please tell me if you are accepting bids for the 2004 lawn maintanence season?"

5. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Flat Top,

The following quotes are from this post. best way to get commercial contract?

Here is an insightful quote from Tiedeman

"I would suggest almost anytime of the year is good for cold calling..the earlier you get them setup as a customer the easier it is for you. I would not do any cold calling from Nov-Jan though. But I'm in Michigan so I think that the cold calling would vary by region."

and a quote from TotalCareSolutions

"Feb. down here, probably best time. Contracts differ and things change, so anytime is a good time to at least ask:

1) Are you accepting proposals?
    2) When will you be accepting proposals?

3) I couldnt help but notice your establishment looks like s##t, could I propose a TotalCareSolution?"

6. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi my name is john wayne
    I'm from hollywood lawn care
    We are in the development of expanding our business, we would like from you to give'us the opotunity to place a bid on maintaining your property, and would also like to bring it to you personally if posible.

hope it helps.

7. Flat Top Lawn

Flat Top Lawn LawnSite Member

thanks for the advice guys

8. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

I call in the Fall to Winter months. If they are accepting your bid, then they might be unhappy with the current company. Stop in and ask if you can walk the grounds and take measurements. Get the price from them if they are open to it and explain to them that you will present a calculated total for them afterwards based upon your measurements. I offer a 5% discount if they sign up before the spring and this drives out most competition before it starts. I tell them we like to line up clients before the spring season and we can do this by offering 5% discounts for early signups. Just add 5% extra into your quote. That's how I do it.