1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Pros and cons of the Florida Panhandle

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by gulfjoe, Jan 10, 2014.

1. gulfjoe

gulfjoe LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a hobby that pays for my passion...
    Hobby is jet engine maintenance
    Passion lawn care

I would go down as an engine mech with my company and maybe start up another PT LCO. I just want to know if anyone has regretted moving to FL
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

I lived in Fort Lauderdale for 5 years then all over including Alaska did Lawn Care in every location. 2 years ago I moved to the Panhandle and absolutely love it. I make decent money in L&O and the best part about this area is if you like the "beach life" it's here, but if you prefer the "country life" it's here too. Some days I like one over the other. Some negatives, it does have that "dirty South" feel. It is also a bit pricey compared to what you can make, but it could be worse. The humidity sucks too. All that being said I love it here, but then again I loved Alaska and Texas and Indiana etc. I think Central and South Florida has a larger potential customer base than here, but my company has almost doubled since I started with zero marketing done.
  3. kicks61

kicks61 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
  4. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

What are the winters like in the pan handle, work wise?
  5. doug1980

doug1980 LawnSite Senior Member

Pretty slow. Maintenance goes to biweekly visits. Lawn Care in December is just spot checks for fungus. January I take soil samples and prepare for the season then February the season starts again. Depends on the weather though some winters are mild some winters like this year are cold.
    Posted via Mobile Device