Pros And Cons Of This Machine

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by smcunningham, Jan 16, 2007.

1. smcunningham

smcunningham LawnSite Senior Member

800.OO$ IS IT WORTH......RUNS GREAT FROM WHAT i CAN TELL

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 008.jpg

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 009.jpg

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 011.jpg

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 010.jpg

lslslslslslslslslslslslsl 012.jpg

2. Skimastr105

Skimastr105 LawnSite Senior Member

It looks a little beat up, but I guess if you aren't going to use it a whole lot, it would be worth it for $800 bucks. How many hours are there? I try to not waste time and money buying heavily used machinery.

3. smcunningham

not sure about the hours.....maybe use for a backup

4. Shopkeeper

Shopkeeper LawnSite Member

Only input I can give you is that snapper makes good stuff. I've got a home owner level 21 inch mower thats 16 years old give or take a few years that I used all season last season and it still runs like a champ. A commercial grade snapper should be just fine.

It does look a little beat up, though.

5. T. Wheeler

T. Wheeler LawnSite Member

Out of the two Snapper walk-behinds we have owned there have never been any major problems out of either of them. The only thing is that those Kohler engines are stubborn to start when they're cold. Otherwise Snapper has been good to us.

6. Dunn's

Dunn's LawnSite Bronze Member

What size deck is it? $800.00 seems a little high for that used of a mower and it looks like they store it out side and secure it by chaining it to that trailer. Any machine that is left out in the weather li,ke that is gonna have problems no matter how good of a machine it was at one time.

7. smcunningham

48" deck, they have chained to the trailer because its out front of house for sale....i don't know where or how they store the unit.....
    I think its between a 95 and 98 year sound about right from the pics

8. Holders Residential

Holders Residential LawnSite Member

500.00 paint , belts, tune up, maybe tires, new blades, maybe blade clutch alittle down the rd. Alittle risky but if you want it buy it.

9. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

Offer him $500. I think $800 is a little too high. It would make a great back up mower.

10. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

95 or 98 for $800 I think you could find a better deal on a newer mower after all a new one would cost you between $2500 -$3000 so $800 for a mower that is around 11yrs old seems kind of high.