1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

pros and cons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TURF DOCTOR, Oct 27, 2004.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

36 inch lesco pistol grips hydro no sulky 3199 plus tax 15 hp kawsaki.Scag 36 inch hydro 15 hp kaws with sulky 4600 out the door. scag users step up and be heard.
  2. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I have had experience with a 36" hydro. When I first started the guy that I cut for at the apartment complex I do had one and I used it for a season. It was a great mower. Very manuveriable and quick. His had a sulky on it. I personally love scags and if you got the scag you would be very pleased.
  3. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Seems like a no brainer to me. Throw a $350 swivel wheeled sulky on the Lesco, and use the other $1,050 to buy some other tools, or for adverting, or stick it in the bank, etc........
  4. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That price difference is a large one. You can easily put a sulky on the Lesco and have money left over. Which one is the better machine is the question I would be asking myself. Remember to demo both of the machines on similar conditions.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I have never run a lesco or a scag, i would say i see more scags than lesco on the road.
  6. gogetter

gogetter Banned

That would most likely be because there are more scag dealers in your area, and not have anything to do with the the quality of the mowers in comparison to each other.