Proscape Mesa Fertilizer

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by BonesMalone, Jan 15, 2007.

1. BonesMalone

BonesMalone LawnSite Member

Has anybody used this product before ?

2. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used it for specific part of my program for the last couple of years.

Just be aware that the MESA will not release once soil temperatures go below a certain threshold. Part of the release process depends on microbial activity, which is minimal when the soil temperatures are cold.

3. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

a buddy of mine switched his source of n to mesa this year and was amazed. I have heard really good things but i still stick w/ earthworks all the way.JMO

4. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

No question that MESA is definitely an upgrade if you are accustomed to SCU.

5. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I inquired about MESA from my gardenwise guy and he told me it's a waste of money... Maybe that means he dosn't have access to it/ can't sell it??? I DO know it's VERY expensive... But I really wanted to give it a shot sometime, maybe for my summer apps. Can't change my spring apps since the first 2 are preemergent + fert, and like stated, the MESA dosn't like colder weather.

Any feedback on price comparisons? Analysis avalilbility? Brand or source for buying some?

Thanks!

6. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

We have used it for 2 years now. It seems like a good product, though it is expensive.

7. JWTurfguy

JWTurfguy LawnSite Senior Member

MESA's not bad, but it's not too far off from a lot of other things out there. For example, LESCO's Momentum Weed&Feed with Polyvex (a blend of SCU and NOVEX) has a similar slow-release to MESA. It's not exactly the same thing, but I don't think you'd be able to see the difference in terms of release time, etc. Does MESA have a fert with broadleaf weed control? If so, you might wanna see what your sales reps (LESCO, Lebanon, etc) can do as far as pricing goes.

8. That's a great fert line!

Mesa delivers a fair amount of sulfur, i believe...watch on the low ph soils

9. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Mesa is an excellent fert for the summer or when soil temps are up there. Says right on Lebanon's website (buried down deep where it's hard to find) that the product basically should not be used as a spring or fall app. It requires microbes for release, and if the temps are down , there just ain't any microbes to release it. I would certainly not switch over to it completely, but add it to your line. SCU/PSCU/PPSCU is still definitely cheaper. You also tend to get a very inconsistent particle size with MU. Big chunks, little pellets, everything.