1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by griffy77, Jun 23, 2005.

1. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

Who has had experience with this stuff. I just picked up some of the Prosecuter swift action. I tried it on some weeds in the side walk at my house and the next day in less than 24 hours they were dieing. What i want to know will it stay gone or will they come back. I have been using it to spray fence lines and trying it on brush piles. I just want to get some feed back from some pros using this weed killer in the field.
  2. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

It's very good stuff in my experience.
  3. ArizPestWeed

ArizPestWeed LawnSite Bronze Member

It's just glyfosate , like Round Up .
  4. Rtom45

Rtom45 LawnSite Senior Member

We use it. The Lesco store here is convenient. If Round Up was as easily available, we'd use that. Its just a different name for the same product.
  5. griffy77

griffy77 LawnSite Member

I understand it has the same active ingrediant as in roundup but the guys at lesco told me that the difference is roundup that you buy at the store contains only 43% of glyfosate while prosecuter has 73%! Also it has another ingrediant that causes weeds to die quickly. There is Prosecutor pro and swift action which is what i have and it is supose to kill weeds in 24 hours.

Is there anything that you guys mix in with Prosecutor to kill brush, and heavy weeds?
  6. ThreeWide

ThreeWide LawnSite Bronze Member

I mix Scythe with Prosecutor Pro (only glyphosate) to get the quick burn down.

The swift action product is likely the same thing.

If you want a long residual to keep the ground clear of any vegetation, you can add Sahara to the mix.
  7. ArizPestWeed

How much is Prosecutor ?
    Is it dry or liquid ?

Is there a Lesco in Az???????? :)
  8. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

1/2 way correct-It's appr 73%ai glyphosphate with Diquat. I buy it in the granular form. It's actually just re-labeled RoundUp Quickpro
  9. ArizPestWeed

Please , how much do you pay ?

Here I pay $390 for a case , I believe .
    $97.00 a jug , about
  10. LonniesLawns

LonniesLawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from KS

Ok - I think we need to clarify a couple things. Two different products are being talked about here. Prosecutor and Prosecutor Swift. Both are just rebrands of Monsantos ROund-up Pro and Round-up Quickpro.

Prosecutor Pro is simply 41% Glyphosate and added surfactants. It is a liquid product.

Prosecutor Swift is 73% Glyphosate and 3% Diquat. It is a granular product. The diquat gived quick visual burn while the glyposate kills over the next couple weeks.