proslide and 36" wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by creek chub, May 4, 2004.

1. creek chub

creek chub LawnSite Member

I am getting ready to start up in the next couple of weeks but just found out from the proslide company (novae) I think, that a 13 hp 36" wb wouldn't pull a proslide. Now I would think a company is knowledgable of their products capacities and requirements. But I did a search and noticed some guys have smaller engines and proslides. Can anybody help?

Creek Chub
  2. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I just put one on a 36" Snapper Pro belt drive last week. It has the 12.5 Kawi engine, and I weigh 245 lbs. The only slight problem I noticed was on two accounts where there are small inclines, the front end of the mower wanted to come off the ground.A little weight should fix it with out a problem. I use a 48" Snapper, and it stripes well without a roller or slide, so I wanted to enhance the striping of the 36"used on many of the same lawns as the 48" and 52" Z.Lays some very nice stripes...
  3. creek chub

creek chub LawnSite Member

That's good info. I really like the slider idea and striping is a plus too. I see you're from Morgantown, WV, Mountaineer Country. I live in Hokie Country. I hate to see the rivalry end even though yaw killed us the past couple of years!!!