1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

proslide and quick 36 mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare18, Jun 29, 2007.

1. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

Guys.. does anyone know if you can get a proslide.. to run with a quick 36.. I think thats what they are called the metal plates that drag you no wheels though.. Can it work with a 36 .. HELP!!!!
  2. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I don't see it working that great with a single hydro. It would be hard keeping a straight line.
  3. lawncare18

lawncare18 LawnSite Senior Member

yea thats what I figured.. i had trouble with the sulky better sells for the same reason...
  4. gavin478

gavin478 LawnSite Member

I know there was a forum on here a while ago about a guy in hawaii that used one with his Quick 36, look it up. As far as I remember it worked well, but you would'nt be able to turn it without hopping off of it since it's a single hydro.
  5. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

If u look up my previous threads, I too had an issue with the sulky. After some harsh words from fellow members, I continued to do what I do. It is amazing now. I really can thread a needle with it.
  6. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

Sorry for bringing back this old thread but what ever happened to the kid in Hawaii, he seemed like a cool guy. He has not been on for 7/8 months.
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

His parents packed up and moved here to the mainland somewhere.
  8. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy LawnSite Bronze Member

What was the guy from hawaii's user name?
  9. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

TCLawn I believe. He did mention it wasn't possible to turn with a proslide, and I (and Gary) would agree. At least not turn very well. For the price I would just get the step saver ($100 cheaper and more effective).
  10. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

im selling a new in box proslide for 300 plus shipping if you decide you want one, its posted on the selling fourm