1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Proslide And Weight

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Penscape Landscaping, May 29, 2008.

1. Penscape Landscaping

Penscape Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

I love the stripes that a proslide leaves but will it pull my fat a@@. I am a big guy we are talking 6'4 320 give or take a twinkie. I walk it most the time but i would like a proslide. I demoed one 9 years ago on a husq. and liked it but that was 45#ish ago. Your help will be appriciated!
  2. dart440_72

dart440_72 LawnSite Member

I was wondering the same thing. I tried contacting the manufacturer, but they never responded.
  3. TwistedSister

TwistedSister LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

It just depends on the mower. If its a big WB with a wide wheel base, low center of gravity, large tires, big engine, and is a hydro, i'm sure it would pull you. Sure it would put a little more wear and tear on the mower but thats just how it is. If its a smaller mower, I think it would pull you it the straight parts but during zero turns, you could be dragging the mower more than it dragging you. If that make any sense. I wouldnt try it with a belt drive because they are hard enought to control walking and would just be twice as hard with 300+ lbs of weight hanging off the back. If you really want to ride, a nice 2 wheeled sulky would suit you best (not the castor type). They are a little easier on the mower to pull and they dont fight the machine as much during zero turns. I hope to dont take this the wrong way, Im not trying to comment on your weight, Im sorry if I came off the wrong way, just trying to help you make the best decision. Peace out.
  4. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

you shouldnt have any problems with it pulling you. up hills, yea. all the sulkies with struggle up hills trying to pull weight behind them.
    I am becoming a dealer for Novea in my area as there is no one else. If you need info, let me know by pm message.