ProSlide experience, opinion, and pics of results

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FrankenScagMachines, Jul 17, 2003.

1. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Thanks Johnny G. !!!!

It works much better than I thought it would. The mower handles it better than the castering sulky I had which was a big surprise to me. You can still zero turn while standing on it. You can nose upto a tree and back up a few inches to pivot around the tree without stepping off as well. Nice attachment, only downside- stepping off to back up and go on hard surfaces (not a problem on most properties). I like it better than the castering sulky now that I've used it all day. At first it was awkward but it's almost second nature now (like anything). Keeps you on ground level and rides over alot of the bumps that jar your body straight to your brain with a wheel sulky, goes over the dog holes too. Doesn't take much effort for the mower to pull it. When you turn around you can reverse for a few inches so it pulls closer to the mower then do your zero turn, has less leverage on the mower and is shorter rig then. Nice in that when you wanna walk a tight section of a lawn you can just step off and it folds up instead of stopping to disconnect it like a regular sulky. I like it lots. Did I mention the stripes are awesome too!!!!!
    No flat tires, think the skid plate is somewhere around $30? Maybe?
    The tarp strap is only there because one of the gas shocks is alittle weak. Needs alittle weight on front end. If you haven't yet, you need to try one of these things!

jul17#27.jpg

2. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Really cool... at a church I mow at a guy pulled in and sat in his truck and watched me maybe 20 minutes while I was mowing. Maybe he was waiting on someone but to him I was entertainment. Yes bobbygedd, lawn mower guys are cool :cool: :D ;) :)

jul17#37.jpg

3. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Deep stripes, I'm the envy of all the LCO's, I get glares as they drive by while I'm striping hehe....

jul17#43.jpg

4. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

Does the proslide make the stripes look awkward since its not as wide as the mower

5. Live4Mowin'

Live4Mowin' LawnSite Member

Nevermind, I see the pictures now:)

6. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

I noticed it's about two inches shy of the tires on this 52" mower, but no they don't look awkward to me!

jul17#41.jpg

7. FrankenScagMachines

from IN

Last one for now.. more tomorrow probably :)
    Will answer all replies tomorrow, good night guys :sleeping:

jul17#46.jpg

8. Looks much better than prior, also being dry out makes a huge difference too.:D

9. rjmj

rjmj LawnSite Member
    from mn

If you do a zero turn on uneven ground will the proslide catch? Can you go in reverse for a couple of feet? How much of your body weight is actually touching the ground? I already ordered a bullrider it should be here next week. Have you ever rode a castering sulky besides that one you made.

10. SpudsM15

SpudsM15 LawnSite Senior Member

rjmj

I got the bullrider sulky since switchless talked alot of good about it.

It works great for me and my hydro mower only problem is I have a small machine with narrow tires which lack traction in some cases.

Thinking of putting wider tires on but i have one lawn that the mower just barely fits through!