Proslide help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, May 20, 2007.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I have an older version Proslide (not XT) and I am having some issues with it retracting properly. I know it is installed properly because it use to work just fine. It will retract (usually) the first time I get on it, then it will only retract about half way. Then it will eventually need my services where I lift it up and "reset" what I believe is the gas shocks. If I was guessing I would say my gas shocks are going out. The springs on the bottom, which also assist in the lifting, are not broken and seem to be working properly.

Do I need to upgrade my gas shocks?

thanks

2. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah do it each year or two. that and new springs keep it going up with no help. I replace the springs every year as they usually break at least once a year any ways. keep spares. shocks go for about 2 years before they really need replacing. good luck.

3. Harrington Landscape

Harrington Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Erie Pa

I replace my shocks every spring and put new springs on the bottom hope that this helps.

4. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Yep, the gas shocks are worn. When you order new ones (I've always found it very easy to order direct from Novae) order a spare also.