Proslide on 36"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mac43rn, May 12, 2002.

1. mac43rn

mac43rn LawnSite Member

I need some help. does anyone have any experience with a pro slide on a 36". I currently have a gravely 36" (for the time being) and the back wheels do fine, but the front end pops up in the air. Does anyone have any experience with a exmark (kind of concerned about spining wheels). Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

2. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

Been using a proslide on a 36" Scag for 4 or 5 years... From time to time if your going tooooo fast and hit a bump youll pull a wheeli.. Just pull up on the handles to keep the front end down or slow it down... After you have been using that set up for a while youll not have that problem... Need to know your accts and what you can and cant' do on them....

If the ground is really wet you may spin the rear tires So.... Dont use the proslide inthe rain or on wet turf, Shouldnt be mowing anyway when its so wet your tires are spinning...

3. sheppard

sheppard LawnSite Senior Member

I do not have a Pro Slide on my Snapper but have some thoughts... I have a 12.5 Kaw on my 36" Snapper. Cannot help but think that a Pro Slide will create additional drag on the engine. I'm also 6'4" & 200 lbs. Cannot run doubles on this engine and pull myself ( on hills) on a Velky.

All that to say that your weight and the size of the engine must matter.

Cordially,
    Sheppard

4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

The guy who I bought my mower off of actually did something smart. He bolted down a 10lb weight on the front of the mower so it doesn't jump when it hits a bump. it kinda works but the single wheel Velke doesn't help much.

5. SCAPEASAURUSREX

SCAPEASAURUSREX LawnSite Senior Member

I have the Proslide on a 36" Scag , belt drive, with 12.5 kawi, I usulally run doubles ( both gators ) and weigh about 180 ish..It is definatly slower when your on the pro slide , however I do not notice the engine straining.. I just find I have to step up a gear to get at a good speed .. Like if I'm normally running in 3rd while walking I have to jump to 4th on the slide.....Just have to be carefull whipping around with sharp turns to change direction.. Cause you speed up drastically in that manuver and can easily loose control...... LOL..