proslide on a 36 wb

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by captjack, Aug 11, 2003.

1. captjack

captjack LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a proslide on a gear drive wb. I have a pro 150 gravley with a 36 deck. This unit is homeowner use only.
    I only weigh about 170. I loke the way they stripe and I am getting tired of walking

2. redbull

redbull LawnSite Member

im my humble opinion, this is toooooo small of a unit for that

3. captjack

captjack LawnSite Member

I should have mentioned that it has a 15hp kohler.

4. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Talk to doogiegh, he has one on a 36" eXmark belt drive and claims it does fine usually.
    I've got one on a 52" eXmark hydro floating deck and I'm 165#, does great but you have to be real careful turning when the grass/ground is damp or wet. I really like it alot and I've used others. I don't see it doing well on a small belt drive, yes I've used a 36" belt drive before. Can't imagine it doing that good, but if you were easy on turns I don't see a big problem. Need some front weights though.

5. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

I have a 32 Husky 12.5 hp with proslide. I weigh 165 lbs and it worksgreat.

6. straightlinelawns

straightlinelawns LawnSite Member

i have an exmark 36' floating deck witha proslide and weigh 160+lbs and it works great. it could use some weights but if you arn't driving crazy and take it easily on the corners there is no problem at all. alot of people have problems with the proslide on a samll belt drive and i can see why, but i have seen that if you don't drive the machine like your in a nascar race then, the proslide will work great on a small machine.

7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

For homeowner use, you'll be more than fine. We have one on a 36" Snapper Pro w / 12.5 kawi, and it pulls me just fine. BTW, I am 5'10 and weigh 245.......