Proslide or Tru Trak

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by NHLawns, Mar 21, 2002.

1. NHLawns

NHLawns LawnSite Member
    from NH

I have read alot of other posts about the Proslide, and I am leaning towards getting one. BUT I have heard the new Toro tru track is good also. I have a 44" Toro belt drive W|B with a 12.5 Kawi on it, and I weigh about 170. I am looking at buying one of these pretty soon, and just not sure which one to go with.
    I need a little push to help me decide.

Thanks for any input

Jim

2. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

I have no personal experience with either but for some reason i really like the por-slide, and am going to purchase one, does anyone know if it helps with striping? But i have also heard good things about the tur-trac as well, i believe these are both safer than a conventional velke because they don't pervet so you can break your ankles, a company in my town got sued very bad by an employee that broke his ankle on a velke.
    Good Luck

3. samk

samk LawnSite Member

i have the tru trak and love it . i have never used the proslide so can not comment

4. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

Your toro 44 with the 12.5 kawi is not a new model correct? In order to use the tru trak, my dealer said it had to be the newer type machine with the vertical deck height adjustment like on exmark and scag floating decks. I would ask your toro deal if it could be modified in order to put a tru trak on. If you run doubles and a sulky with that engine, you will probably burn it out soon.

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

i have a proslide got to replace the plastic piece again my old trailer was eaitin it up.I love the thing but im walking till i get new plate for it it stripes real good and i ride right over curbs sprinklers etc with no problem plus can step off and walk on hills

6. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

Promo lawn, just wondering what plastice piece you are talking about and if it is normally a problem, do the pro-slides wear easily or are they pretty durable, just wondering before i throw do $300+? Thanks
    AK Lawn

7. ProMo

the piece that slides on the ground .Ive been through 2 in five years first time it was 50 bux but the one i have ordered is 35.I had a 5x10 trailer with a dixie and a 36 kicked in sideways loading 36 caused it to tear.As far as riding it on cement brick etc it lasted forever almost.The little shocks that retract it wore out after 2 years but i called the manufacturer and within 5 days he sent me new ones even though they were out of warranty.The guys with the wheeled sulkys cant hop off and walk backward and if the ground is wet it smoothes it instead of leaving ruts:)

8. jettabug

jettabug LawnSite Member

Hi NhLawns,
    I am a small Landscape Co. in NH as well. I purchased a proslide last year. I have a toro 44" Hydro. I was told that a proslide will not work on a belt drive also I think 12 hp is to small. My engine is 15hp. I think the proslide is awesome and would recommed it highly. I think you need at leat a 15 hp, or 17 would be better. and a hydro.
    Good Luck, Jody

9. jettabug

jettabug LawnSite Member

Oh, I really would not recommend standing on my proslide over pavement or curbs or rocks, it is easy enough to get off. These things can wear down the plastic bottom when you could easily walk.

10. ProMo

i used mine with a 12 hp no problem i weigh 180 lbs.I was doing a church 6 city blocks and used it to do one of there houses 4 additional blocks away the brick road did not harm the slide plus you would have to run to keep up with me.