1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Proslide purchase

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy89, Jul 14, 2005.

1. LawnBoy89

LawnBoy89 LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone give me a link to where I can purchase a proslide...preferrably the cheapest :) , I am trying to put all my lawns into one day and I think a proslide would help out alot with getting each one done faster, especially on those bigger lawns.

And also, briefly what is the difference between the proslide and the proslide XT. Thanks in advance.
  2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

try ebay...

PS XT has 2 gas struts and doesnt allow you to slide under the rear of the mower :) .. i think....
  3. LawnBoy89

I tried eBay. I have tried "proslide" and "proslide XT" (without the quotes) and I haven't gotten anything. Do they have a website?
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Here is a web address. On the top bar, one button is 'dealers.' You will find a form and an 800 number to get nearest dealer. This will give you a start in the search.

5. LawnBoy89

Thanks alot, I wish I could get one off ebay, being cheaper but I can't seem to find one..I'll make some calls tommorow...thanks.
  6. LawnBoy89

!!! All my dealers are quoting me close to 400 for one. If it is my last resort I will pay that but wow I'm going to try and look for a used one maybe?
  7. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Cosmo, PM me and I'll give you the name of the company where we got ours last year for less than half the price.
  8. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

9. dbc45420

dbc45420 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Impact. Could i get the name of company that has proslide, also.

10. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

The XT has HEAVIER springs and struts, same number of em, also thicker wearplate. It can be modified to allow it to slide under the mower which a lot of guys prefer.

I prefer my older Proslides over my XT. Maybe it's just mine, but the XT seems overbuilt. I'd rather replace my springs on the old XT more often.

But I do use a heaver wearplate on my old Proslide now, springs don't wear out any faster than they used to.