Proslide question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ple_1969, Apr 13, 2004.

1. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

I have a 48” TTHP with the 17 Kawasaki and was thinking about getting a Proslide sulky. I’m 6’2” and weigh 250 (fyi – I’m not fat so no fat jokes). Would the Proslide and the TTHP be able to pull me along?

2. ztoro

ztoro LawnSite Senior Member

do s search on proslide. I have seen some posts from guys your size using it with no problems on flat grounds... you would probably need some more weight up front though.
  3. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I did a search but didn't see that many users above the 200lbs mark. This is why I'm posting.

4. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

I use one on a 48" Belt and 52" Dual Drive. Just to be safe add about 25lbs of weight in the front you should be ok. Really steep hills might be a slight problem with a belt drive.
  5. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

PLE, I just got a proslide yesterday, going to put it on a 48/metro belt drive. I'm 200lbs will let you know how it works as soon as the rain stops.
  6. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

whats a proslide?
  7. PicturePerfect

PicturePerfect LawnSite Member

I have a 6 year old belt drive Toro 44" walk behind with a 17 hp kawasaki and a two wheel velke. I am 220lbs and it pulls me around fine on flat ground and small slopes.
  8. mowerman52

mowerman52 LawnSite Member

Norm Al,
    A proslide is a different type of velke or sulkie. It is just a platform probably 1'x1' that does not have any wheels, you just stand on it and slide around the lawn. I'm pretty sure that it is spring loaded and retracts up under the mower when you are not standing on it.
  9. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

This is correct, but it's about 18" or 20" square.