Proslide vs. sulkey

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dmk395, Jun 10, 2001.

1. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ma

My dealer recommends the proslide over the jungle jim 2 wheel sulkey (although he likes this unit also). What are the pros and cons of each?

2. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not quite sure what the Pro-slide is - I think it may be this platform that i saw at a local dealer show - no wheels, just a spring loaded sulky platform with a poly-based underside that seemed to slide real well on lawns. If this is the unit you're talking about, the pros would be no tires = no flats to fix/ no lines in the lawn and no skid marks from wheels. The only con I could figure was that, for us, we have a lot of accounts in the same neighborhood, so we unload sometimes and the mower takes off and doesn't load up for hours. This means lots of time travelling the streets of the hood between lawns - I'm not sure how the unit would wear with that much time on the concrete. That would be my only concern for us - otherwise it looked like a good unit. I demo-ed the unit and was impressed. If it hadn't been for my concern with the extreme amount of street travel time we put in, I'd bought it in a second (no more flats, etc...). Good luck - hope that was the unite you were talking about.

3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

jason is correct. the pro slide is the platform that you stand on behind the mower. your really wouldnt stand on the platform for long time on pavement. it has a spring loaded mechanism on it. stand off it and it will hold itself up. i myself havent tried one, but you have to be careful when turning because it may tear the turf in an uneven terrain situation.

4. dhicks

dhicks Member

I use the ProSlide and it's one of the best investment in lawncare that I have ever made. It does not tear turf. Can you ride it on asphalt, no unless you want to replace the sled, which is only $29.00 and change. I have a 148 hours on the sled and it's like new. I'll take the ProSlide any day and so will my customers.

5. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I have ridden 2 pro slides, one that folds and the newer one. I like a singele wheel velke better, but maybe that is just because I learned on one. Backing up a slide is tricky, but again, maybe a learned skill. dave g

6. Double D

Double D LawnSite Member

I have a ProSlide and would recommend it. As dhicks stated it does not tear the turf in turns. The main advantage is that it folds up out of the way when not in use. It helps with striping, and there is nothing to go flat or grease. It also stays in the same spot behind the walk behind in turns. On the down side, I hear that the springs that pull the unit up will break (I have not experienced this problem). I vote for the ProSlide!

7. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

I would have bought a proslide over these Jungle Wheels, but was concerned with having to replace "anything" on it. (tight budget right now) Prob. will get one when I get a hydro (alot of advantages with the Proslide)