1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Proslide vs. velke

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Charles R. Laws, Jan 21, 2001.

1. Has anyone tried the Proslide, if so please advise. How does it stack-up to a velke?
  2. Orkin Yards

Orkin Yards LawnSite Senior Member

i would recomend using the search tool, i know their have been discusions on this in the past, if that doesn't work email me, i use a proslide on one of my units and a velkee on the other so i can help ya decide...
  3. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

4. Mike Felices

Mike Felices Banned
    from Georgia

I have a Velke on my Wb and I have tried a Pro-Slide. Personally I prefer the Pro-Slide. The ride is much smoother and you never have to bend over to fold it up, just step off and it folds it self up. You never have to worry about a flat tire either.

[Edited by Mike Felices on 01-21-2001 at 05:45 PM]
  5. Bama

Bama LawnSite Member

I prefer the proslide. It folds up out of the way automatically and you don't have to worry about jack-knifing, also.
  6. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

We use rocket wheels instead of the velke and have eliminated the potential for "jack-knifeing".

When I was in Charolette over the summer I saw alot of guys down there using what I believe to be the pro slide.

Hope this helps some.
  7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I've got a Pro-slide and love it. Never used a Velkie but I wouldn't even consider one after the slider.
  8. Thanks everyone for your response, I'll be using a proslide this season. Hope everyone has a fantastic season.
  9. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i was at a hospital looking out the window and was amazed
    at how nice the stripes looked i kept wondering what kind
    of mower they used. about a week later i drove by and i saw
    the pro slide for the first time thats how those stripes got there .if my wb was a hydro i would buy proslide that
    guy on that was going just as fast as any velkie.
  10. double e

double e LawnSite Member

Toro just came out with a knew velkie- no more jack knife
    Am trying to find price on it.

I've never used a pro-slide but heard on hills, they might dig in the ground. Also if your a little heavy. This is just what I heard