Proslide XT or 2 wheel velke ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by steve225, Jun 19, 2005.

1. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

My knees aren't as good as they were when I walked the first 20 yrs. all day . I've used a lazer z the last 5 or so yrs but I have a 60" T tracer for hills and smaller yards . What would be easiest on my knees Proslide or X2 Velke?

Thanks, Steve

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

As long as you don't need to backup, the proslide is much better than anything with wheels on it........

3. MORETORQUE

MORETORQUE LawnSite Member

Why don't we just pull the back wheels and axle off our front wheel drive cars and put a piece of plastic on the bottom and drag the a$$ in the street. Wheels are not necessary to have and are a waste of money. That would probably knock 2000$ off of the purchase price of a new car! Why was the wheel invented?, to slide something is so much more efficient. What were those stupid cave people thinking?

4. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

OK....So since everyone on the other realizes you're "Fareways double", and no one on that side will give you the time of day, doesn't mean people on this site don't also realize your incorrect opinions are less interesting than choosing which toilet paper to wipe their butt with.

5. ercrvs24

ercrvs24 LawnSite Member

I just bought a 2 wheel velke about a month ago. My dealer talked me out of a proslide xt because he said it would put too much strain on my mower(I have a belt drive.) Anyway, I didn't think that most of my lawns were too bumpy, but my knees and ankles ache after a day of boucing around on the velke and I'm only 23 and 165lb. Wish I would have gone with proslide anyway, from what I hear it's alot smoother.

6. MORETORQUE

I am just making the point that the wheel is a device that should have never been invented because the Proslide proves that wheels are not necessary. I believe we should take it many steps further with wheelless trains,planes, and just mount plastic skies on everything. The wheel has been obsoleted by a piece of plastic. Why not just mount the plastic to your a$$ and let the mower drag that around?

7. MORETORQUE

I have both a Jungle Jim and a Lesco which is a MTD. The Lesco ,MTD is a beautiful ride no problem on knees. I am 40 and 300 pounds and they ride nice but the have problems on slopes and Jungle Jim is better there but it is much more tiring and bad on the knees.

The ride on the fixed mount is equivalent to a wright stander.

I am no scientist but a Proslide does not pass the laws of physics test!

8. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

I've had mine for two years now and it works fine. I'm 6' and 175 and my belt drive pulls me easily. I will say if you run a lot of hills you will want to weight the front of your unit but other than that it can't be beat. I replaced my jungle wheels with the slide and will never own another wheeled sulky again. Get one, you won't be sorry.

9. steve225

steve225 LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, anyone else use a pro slide?
    Steve

10. MORETORQUE

You better research the proslide. I saw a thread some where, where one of the slide sales reps was on a board promoting it. Then out of the woodwork came a bunch , I mean multiple people came out and said they had bought one and it was a piece of junk. They said it did not pull right and it fell apart in 3 months. Just keep this thread fresh until you get some other opinions.

I have never owned one but I take one look at it and never will. I may be wrong!