Proslide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by garyslawn, Mar 6, 2003.

1. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

Do any of you guys use a Proslide instead of velkes?

2. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I've tried it, but prefer the velke. The thing I did like about the proslide is that when you get off it, it raises up, making unloading and backing up easier. I didn't like that it sort of slides towards the mower when you go down a steep hill. I've used velkes for years and I guess I probably just have a liking to them for this reason too.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Heres a scanned Picture Of The Pro On My Old TT. If You Drag Your heels Going Down a Big Hill You Will not Slide Forward. One You Use a Pro Slide It's Hard To Use anything else. If You Are Doing Alot Of Getting Off You Sulky It's Well worth It. I Just Put My Old Pro on My New TT And I will Use It This season.

John.

green house resized.jpg

4. garyslawn

garyslawn LawnSite Member
    from NE Ohio

John; I used mine 2 days and took it off. I had ot get off to make my turns and it wanted to do wheeled up hills. Did I do it wrong?

5. John Gamba

from ct

You Do have To Some what weight the front down. Exmark Is Making Weights for theres. I Never Had To Get Off It for turn's Even If the Pro went Down a little hill.

6. Marshall

Marshall LawnSite Member

2003 will be my third season using the Proslide. I had to get used to the feel of sliding across turf rather than walking or feeling many bumps while on a rider. Once I "mastered" the ride, the turns and hills became easy. When turning, I stay right on track and very seldom have to step off the plate. I drag my heels when going down hill or even adjust my weight on the plate so I don't slide forward. Occasionally, I do slide forward some but again, I adjust my weight on the plate to counter act the forward slide. Generally, I like the Proslide since I've become accustomed to its unique ride. It took me about two times through my customer route to learn how to control the slide on each property. I seldom have to step off the Proslide now.

Marshall

7. John Gamba

from ct

Welcome aboard Marshall

John

8. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

John ya beat me to it.

Hi there Marshall, I knew we would find a topic that inspired you to write.;)

1999 more till Millennium..........:D Glad to see you on.

BTW yes I have a Proslide and love it. I think we are going on year 5 and if you use it on the grass only you will get lots of time out of the bottom. Novae has some great products, the Gridiron blower racks are a must have for me also.

9. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

Proslide is the way to go.
    With just about any mower other than a 48", lifting the front wheels is not a problem. I know a guy with a 48 Exmark and pro slide. He used a couple 2.5 pound weights on the front height adjustment rods to keep the front end down.

10. John Gamba

from ct

OH YES THE BLOWER RACK'S A Must have!!!:D :D :D :D :D