Proslide

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by onebad76bronco, Jun 8, 2004.

1. onebad76bronco

onebad76bronco LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a proslide for my walk behind 36" ferris mower. I am very upset with it. I installed as the instructions stated and the thing does not work like it should. I have tried ever height adjustment and it still doesnt work. It constantly jack knifes and the only speed it will pull me is 4th or 5th. The other problem is that the mower will not turn with it connected. The worst part is i only weight 150lbs i dont see how bigger guys get this thing to work. Whats going on, what are others opionions. My mower has the pistol grips for braking, which i dont like but if i cant turn the thing is useless!! Your help is greatly appreciated. Anyone know a website for the company that makes proslide??

thanks

jason

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

3. seymour_glass

seymour_glass LawnSite Member

mm, interesting... I also have got a 36" ferris i purchased last year. It's only 12.5 hp. I'd think that because of the friction on the ground, it'd take probably takea bit more power from the motor to pull a proslide than a a regular sulky.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the proslide is designed to be used with a hydro machine, is yours a belt drive?

5. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't think it is a ProSlide....they don't/can't jackknife and they don't have height adjustments. Sounds to me like you've been taken for a ride. No pun intended. LOL

6. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

i have a 12.5 kawi on a scag belt driven and it will pull me like there is no tomorrow no problems at all

7. lonnie

lonnie LawnSite Senior Member

He's right, it's impossible to jack knife a proslide. I was wondering if a sulky would work on the single hydro ferris. I guess i know now.

8. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like if it is belt driven I would try to tighten the belts first and then see if it pulls in first through third gears

Post a picture for us to see this thing please...

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Actually their is some leeway on height adjustment, as well as where you drill your holes. Also you might have mounted a bracket upside down which my dealer warned me about.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

I have a ProSlide on my Snapper 36" belt drive. The 12.5 Kawi pulls me around these WV yards just fine in any gear. I weigh 245lbs, and I don't have any of the problems you have mentioned above. I think you have been taken, my friend, because it obviously sounds like you do not have a "real" ProSlide...post a pic of it if you can..