1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Proslides on pavement

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheKingNJ, Apr 29, 2004.

1. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Hey guys I run 2 walkbehinds with proslides on each of them. I'm really getting sick of stepping off them and walking when i have to cross a driveway or make a turn close to one when the proslide will go over it. Today I stopped caring about it and just road over the driveway.

Do any of you guy ride your proslide over driveways? If so does it wear on the bottoms fast? If i'm mowing several lawns in a developement and I have to go down the road would it destroy the proslide if I took it down the road and over a lawn?

2. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

mine last about a year on pavement but thats were I save time
  3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

You get a year out of it even if you go on pavment. Just make sure you dont have a rock under the slider or it will leave a mark down the drive way. I did it on a new drive way and i'm lucky they where in there 90"s and didnt see it.
  4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I don't even ride the proslide over a sidewalk if it is perpendicular to the lawn stripes. Walking isn't that bad, and it might even keep me is shape. :)
  5. rvsuper

rvsuper Senior Member

I do it all the time.
  6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I got 5 years out of a pad, better yet 500 hours by not riding over hard surfaces. To each his own, its your money.
  7. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

That's what always threw me off about a Proslide. Having to replace parts on it (was discusion years back here on diff. items wearing out)
    Good to know it's just in how well they are taking care of. 500 hrs. would work for me!
  8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

I get about 1 month out of each wear plate. I ride it everywhere. I make my own now, they last just as long as the originals. Send me a message if you want help on making your own wear plates.
  9. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

......professionals dont get lazy!
  10. JCLandWerks

JCLandWerks LawnSite Member

One bit of advice... Don't use them on wet pavement. I have the scar on my shin to prove it.