1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Protecting fuel

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 6'7 330, Apr 20, 2006.

1. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

During that last fuel price spike last year, we had two diesel dumps depleted of all the fuel in them by thieves. This year the fence at the shops and yard has barb wire on top, and a Bull-Mastiff roaming.Any body thinking about making your trucks fuel theft proof?
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Mine has a locking gas cap, thou I suppose you could snip a rubber line underneath the hood (like the fuel return line) and gain it thusly.

Only thing I can recommend is add a shot of leaded racing fuel to all your off-road fuel, that's what I do... Don't suppose this would work with diesel, but you can buy farmer's diesel which is tinted, might slow a few down but you can't use it in the truck.
  3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

i have a naked picture of my mother in law taped to the gas cap
  4. bladeheart

bladeheart LawnSite Member

5. Toad

Toad LawnSite Senior Member

I have been thinking about that also. Especially after buying $136.00 worth of gas at the end of the day.Just a matter of time. Makes me think of that movie (mad max beyond thunderdome or something like that)