Protecting mower finish...!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turf Commando, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Alright guys, I know auto detailing been running a business for years .
    Who waxes their equipment trucks, trailers, mowers etc...?

You will find by doing so, the paint will last longer from natures elements also, make weekly washing a breeze...(due to slick surface)

''Your destination isn't important, it's how you look when you arrive that counts.''

For those who want to know, what wax is best, no Doubt (Meguiar's professional line)...
  2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

Trucks and trailers Yes!..Mower only did once when they were new now im to lazy and just power wash the mowers..:rolleyes:
  3. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Would never think of waxing a mower (If I did I wouldnt tell ya anyway!).
  4. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

how often do you wash rig?wash today dirty today
  5. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i wax my mowers to keep them clean. The same with the trailers and trucks too.
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Trucks get washed as needed, at least when rain isn't in the immediate forecast, so about every 2 to 3 weeks usually. Driving them filthy dirty is inevitable. Also can't wash them at home here because our city water is so bad... Iv'e tried and tried and no matter what I use to dry with you still end up with horrible hard water spots and streaks.

The mowers, well I commend you for having the drive and desire to wash and wax them! Iv'e never found an easy way to even wash them because there's so many nooks and crannies, and then so many bolts and things sticking out. There's never more than a few inches of flat surface in one spot to be able to clean, let alone put wax on... Last mower I waxed was my Ariens YT-11 lawn tractor, when I was 15. It had a nice big hood and fenders to actually apply wax to!
  7. fourbybud

fourbybud LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I use Johnsons furniture polish/wax. Works great on powdercoat. My dealer recomended it. I spray it on the tires to.
  8. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

at the beginning of the year i wash and wax my mowers, it keeps stuff from sticking to it as bad, so i can blow or rinse it of during the year:usflag:
  9. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

I worked at a nice carwash during high school so I have the bug for keeping everything really clean. Truck gets washed at least once or twice a week and gets waxed usually once a month depending on conditions. Although I do feel a bit gay when doing so, I have waxed mowers before. Not to get them shiny so much but it does help alot with cleaning them next week and so on.
  10. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

we wax trucks twice per year and was as needed. we get so busy it gets hard sometimes, but try to keep a clean appearance and get comments alot on clean and not beat up equipment etc