protecting trailer floor

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by kswaney, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thompson is a waste of money, my old mower oil goes straight on the floor...

2. PMASON718

PMASON718 LawnSite Member

I need to put something on my floors. I need something for water b/c I will be hauling quads that will be wet after riding and washing them. What can I use to protect the floor from water.

3. Ztwo

Ztwo LawnSite Member

used motor oil

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Unless its non treated why would you need to protect it? PT boards will last 6-7 years down here easily unsealed, and when the boards get bad a 16ft trailer is about $100 worth of lumbar. The sealer will need re doing every so often and you have to sand the heck out of it to make it work. Plus think how slippery the trailer decking will be once its wet.

I don't think its worth the effort to seal it.

5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

Every fall I pressure wash the floor and then put on a heavy coat of Superdeck. It then gets parked where I keep it and have to shovel it out, and shovel the snow off come mid April. Floor is 5 years old and still like new.

6. PMASON718

PMASON718 LawnSite Member

My floor is not treated wood. I was thinking about applying herculiner. to protect the wood from the water off of the quads. What do you think about this stuff