1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

protective box or cover for fertilizer bags

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ant, May 17, 2000.

1. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i load my p/u truck in the morning with bags of fertilizer for the day. some times i may not have time to unload it at the end of the day or durning the day we may have a passing shower. i know there is a few expensive fiberglass bins on the market to store the fertilizer in . what do you guys do or how do you store the bags in youe bed of your p/u to keep them dry. thanks anthony grelli

2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

Use a truck topper or I use plastic bags

3. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I just use a plastic tarp. A tanou cover might work also.

4. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

I went to Wal-Mart and purchased one those large bins that have a lid. It stays watertight and haven't had any problems with moisture build-up.<p>Adam :)

5. CA Enterprises

CA Enterprises LawnSite Member

I went to Wal-Mart and purchased one of those large tubs with a lid(around $15)it stays watertight and I haven't had any problems with moisture inside.<p>Adam:)<br><p><font size="1">Edited by: CA Enterprises

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

I have some coal bags that I got years ago, they are reinforced vinyl and can hold about 6 50# bags. I also have used tarps but I have to be careful because my bedliner doesnt have drains and everything pools.<p>Most of my fertilizer comes in double plastic bags from my dealer but I like to be extra careful. Good Luck.

7. Alan

Alan Member

The stuff I buy is in real heavy plastic bags, heat sealed. It's rare to get any water in them unless they sit in a pool in the back of the truck. I got a big &quot;Tuff Box&quot; at WalMart that I use for seed on my hydroseeder trailer, it seem to be about perfectly sealed, stuff stays dry inside