1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

protective covers for our weedeaters/stringtrimmers

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by springbokker, Mar 2, 2004.

1. springbokker

springbokker LawnSite Member

Hi,
    We are having a tough time trying to locate protective covers that are made to fit over the engines of stringtrimmers. I have seen them around but am unable to find out where I can buy them.
    Also, we started our landscape maintenance/management co. 8 months ago in SC and would appreciate any advise, great marketing ideas, etc from any of you more experienced pros out there.
    Thanks,
    Clint Weimann
    Good Natured Gardening

2. pcnservices

pcnservices LawnSite Senior Member

Hi Clint,
    Nice talking to you this morning. We'll stay in touch and talk to you soon again.
    PC

3. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

Tried a large PVC pipe? If made properly, the entire trimmer could rest inside one pipe, keeping it out of the weather, maybe put a few holes on the bottom for drainage, cooling, etc. Just cut a pipe in half, install 2 or 3 hinges, a latch, and it should be good to go.

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

How about one of Lawnsite's sponsors?

W.E.Chapps??

www.wechapps.com

They carry an extensive line of products for protection and for just plain making your life easier....

5. springbokker

springbokker LawnSite Member

I just got off their site after ordering the trimmer covers I was looking for - thanks a lot for the heads up.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

No problemo....:D