Protective eyewear......

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gogetter, Jul 19, 2004.

1. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Just wondering what you guys use for protective eyewear?

I tried regular wrap around sunglasses, but I found that in the shaded parts of a lawn, I can't really see all that well.
    And when I remove them and look back at my trimming, I see that I missed a lot of stuff.
    The tint is too dark.

So I currently use clear safety glasses.

I was thinking of trying yellow/amber lenses. Don't they generally make things really clear and give high definition?

Any other types I should look into?

Just curious. Thanks.

2. Liberty Lawncare

Liberty Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hi I know what you mean about sunglasses in shaded areas. I tried a new type they are made by elvex. They are grest for sun and not dark in shade areas. IMO they look good and fit good. Elvex makes mirror sun yellow and clear I have mirror sun and clear. Hope it helps

3. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

I like shaded safety glasses vs. regular sunglasses, they are not tinted as darkly as ordinary sunglasses (at least the ones I've used). Nice to keep a pair of clear ones for the cloudy days though.

4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I prefer the clear ones. I think they are the Crews Excalibur. Not fashionable, but they do the job. Plus I like the way they fit with the hearing protection earmuffs.

5. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I have dark, clear, and amber. Dark, of course, for the sun, clear for cloudy days, and amber for evening and early morning work. Veratti safety glasses.

6. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

Clear safety glasses.

7. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Some Smith and Wesson shooting glasses

8. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Clear safety glasses, picked them up at the Home Cheapo for like 2 bucks a pair.

9. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

I wear some clear safety glasses that I picked up from lowes. I tried the tinted ones but I kept missing areas so I switched back to clear.

10. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

we use the clear wrap a round kind.