Protero mower vacs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Nov 25, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I came across one today on ebay. One of there models has a 15 bushel capacity! I think thats the most any vac company has ever made. I am getting a price on them when I go to my scag dealer tomorrow. Here is the link:http://www.proteroinc.com/vacs.htm

2. sethsodsquad

sethsodsquad LawnSite Member

Lol, one question on the walk-behind vac system is - how do you see the front of your mower. The bagging system is like 10 feet tall! All the other stuff looks cool though.

Seth

3. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

let us know what you find out on pricing

4. CharlieBingo

CharlieBingo LawnSite Senior Member

There about $2.400 a little pricey, I thought?

5. FERT-TEK

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought the first provac Protero auctioned on e-bay, it was 1699 plus shipping. I decided to go with this unit because capacity is larger than the Toro two bagger system that is recommended for my 52" Turbo-force deck. It has a 15 cu/ft capacity and it also has what they call a 3 in 1 system where you have three options on how to handle your clippings/waste.

1) DFS dump from the seat capabilities
    2) has two 35 gal. Rubber-made trash containers that insert into the hopper to catch clippings and leaves to be dumped into your trailer or dump truck
    3) you can also put can liners into the above trash containers to catch the clippings and leave them at the sight if you want.

For me it is the best of both worlds and although I haven't put it together yet, everything seems well built. Maybe overbuilt. If I could knock the vac I would say it is heavy. But might be as heavy as others, the shipping weight is listed at 400 lbs including the front counterweights and pallet it ships on. One other feature I like is that most of the vac mounts above the motor instead of behind the machine. This will help if you have space issues on your trailer. They have assured me the built in ROPS are not an issue either.
    So far their customer service is top notch. Get this, when you call their 800 number their customer service rep actually answers the phone. A real person answers, unheard of now a days.