Protero Pro Vac?? TANK??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by N.H.BOY, Jun 2, 2007.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone use these lately?? I did a search and a few have , but that was in 05' and 06' I think they have a better pully and belt system now and was wondering if any one has one on their ZTR. I have a tank 54 and was interesting in getting one. I have a triple bagger on the tank now and it sucks blowing up leafs and also thick grass clippings. Thanks for any info.

2. N.H.BOY

bump:waving:

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

We currently run ultra vac's hooked up to Peco boxes. System works well but buy extra belts. When the discharge clogs, and it will, it stalls out the pulley and eats the belt after a few times. Otherwise they are great.

4. jsaunders

jsaunders LawnSite Bronze Member

Scott Have you looked at Trac-Vac? I have had mine for 6+ years and is very reliable- the 6.5 hp engine is nice since it does't bog down the engine when cutting as well. The 55gal trash can also makes it very easy to lift/dispose when it needs to get into the back of a truck. + system is very quick to take off when needed- 2 mins maybe.
    Joel

5. N.H.BOY

Thanks Joel I;ll do more research on this... talk to ya later..see ya on the other forum.

6. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, they have some nicer units now that I have seen.

In addition, CUB came out with a brand new collection system for 2007 also.
    Big-big blower setup and a really nice triple bagger.