Protero vs. other sulkies

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Joel B., Apr 26, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

I am looking hard at the Protero PS-200 sulky. The thing I like most about it is the fact that there is more than one place to rest your feet. There is the standard platform between the wheels but then there is also a platform on top of each wheel you could rest a foot on. I would think the ability to change foot positions would be a huge benefit of this sulky, or is changing foot positions not that big of a deal in the "real world"?

What do you all think?

Joel B.

2. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

I think changing your foot position around does help when mowing for long periods. your back would start screaming at you if you just stood in one spot for 2 hours. I have a 2 wheeled velke and there are no rests over the wheels and if there were not sure I would put my feet out there for it has a pretty wide stance.

3. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I have the 200. I just have the one before they changed the name to protero. Anyway, I really like it. Very comfortable and yes you can change positions. Some people don't like the caster wheels, but I haven't had a problem with them. I think its a perceived problem. I bought mine new in 2000 and its still on the trailer today. Never had 1 single problem with it.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The seat Option Is Nice to its high Enough To work With the ECS Controls.
    John.