PROTURF.TV: I Registered the Name.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dhicks, Jun 10, 2001.

1. dhicks

dhicks Member

A few days ago, I registered the domain name of ProTurf.TV on the world wide web. Dot.TV is new and works like any dot.com, dot.org, and dot.net.

While we will use and keep www.go-emerald.com I wanted something E-Z to remember for any prospective customers. For example, this fall, we are looking to buy a SuperLawn Truck (SLT) or similar vehicle. The rolling billboard on the SLT will have our web address. I figured it was much easier to remember www.ProTurf.tv than www.go-emerald.com . Perhaps I'm wrong but would like your opinions whether negative or positive. Our web address has generated almost 1/2 our our total clients. I can't imagine doing this business (in a large metropolitan area) without a strong web presence.

So beat me up or pat me on the back. The ball is in your yard.

--David

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Sounds good to me :)
    I agree, I do think it will be eaiser to remember ProTurf than your other one. Good name choice for your address.

3. turfquip

turfquip LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree.

If your present web address is responsible for half your current clients then you would be well advised to leave a good thing alone.

I believe the old URL would be easy to remember if emblazoned across a trailer, truck, etc.

These new subdomains or whatever the hell they're called are a waste of time and money in my estimation. Dot coms rule. You got a good one. It works fabulously well for you apparently.

4. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I like your old domain name, as well as the new one. I like the .tv thing, i think it is easier to remember also, good idea IMHO. Keep up the good work.

5. syzer

syzer LawnSite Bronze Member

Agreed I like the new one pretty nice and simple. Though I dont like to go too far off of the .com our present is a .net which I like even less then the .tv which I think is pretty cool anyway. I would stay with the .tv.

6. Esby

Esby LawnSite Senior Member

Why change a good thing????? I think go-emerald.com is almost easier to remember compared to your new logo idea. I dont like the .tv thind.....it just doens't sound as good. You might find people going to ProTruf.com instead of ProTurf.tv Its your call, but if it were mine, it would be go-emerald.com Good luck with your decision.

7. dhicks

dhicks Member

Thanks for the input. While our dot com address will be our primary, the dot tv will be for prospective customers that see the rolling billboard. Both dot com and tv will point to the same webpage.

8. powerreel

powerreel Banned

Use both and just forward link.