Proud Owner of a New Ford

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Snyder's Lawn Inc, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

2015 Super Cab F350 Chassis
    6.2 gas 6 speed auto
    4;30 gears

Now time to buy a bed Few options I'm looking at
    1 Hoist Flatbed
    2 Cannonball Bale bed http://cannonballengineering.com/
    3 a standard flatbed

Then Snow plow

0823142144a.jpg

0823142144b.jpg

2. easy-lift guy

easy-lift guy LawnSite Gold Member

Is that model a Ford-350 or 450 with the V-10?
    easy-lift guy

3. snowman91

snowman91 LawnSite Member

I believe thats their 5.4 replacement. If I remember right the stats are impressive
    Edit: v8

4. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

That looks like a pretty solid truck. I went and test drove a Ford, but what can I say. I grew up in a Mopar and Cummins family all my life. But at heart I've always felt love for Chevy, I just felt I would be dis-owned by going Chevy because that was my pop's biggest enemy at the drag strips and stock car races. Well what do you know, I just winded up with a 5.3 Vortec 4x4. I'm happy with it and love it.

I went and test drove the F-350 with the v-10. That thing was super smooth and plenty of power, but I could literally watch the gas hand move it seemed like. It looks like you got a solid truck, but indeed you better be putting that big boy to work! :laugh: As far as the 6.2 replacing the 5.4, I don't think Ford will ever replace the 5.4, their still sold in 2014 models and that's their engine from the heart although these new eco-boost are pretty nice, I think that 5.4 will always be their heart engine. I think this 6.2 was made to compete with Chevy's 6.0 and Dodge's 5.7 and 6.1. You can bet, the new Ford trucks are built to last, and it's going to last you a LONG, LONG time. I got a family member that drives up and down the oil pipe lines. They use the Ford Eco-Boost. They drive the dog mess out of them day and night. They get about a thirty minute break in the day he says and a 30 minute break at night, and drive all day and night with them. That tells me something.

5. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice! Can't wait to see the finished pictures!

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

5.4 is long gone bud

There's a 3.5tt ,3.something v6.5.0 and 6.2

Super duty only gets 6.2 or 6.7
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Good looking truck! What did that cost? I see an upgrade in my future probably next year. I will probably have to go with a SRW though so I can use my current aluminum flatbed dump.

8. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Not to mention the 5.4 is a pile of ****. My mechanic told me Jasper had to build another production facility, just for the Triton engines (5.4 and the smaller one). They are building like 38 a day. Every day. And that's just Jasper, not to mention all the other brands and such. I spent $4500 on mine to diagnose and fix an overheating problem that still didn't go away.

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

F350 with 6.2 V8
    Truck was design for towing jack brake and switch it over to manual and drive like a stick with out running a clutch

10. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member