Providing Employees With Phones?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by jbell36, Jan 21, 2013.

1. show-n-go

show-n-go LawnSite Member

My regular job pay's for manager's phones. we bring the bill in and they cut the check, they didn't want the contract, plus if i leave the company i want my phone number. I doubt they can write ot off though since they don't hold the contract.

2. GreenI.A.

GreenI.A. LawnSite Silver Member

Every one of my guys, excluding laborers, are given a phone. The all have a Verizon casio g'zone flip phone with push to talk (like nextel). Those phones are assigned, each of those guys have a particular phone and number so that I can reach them and they can reach each other. We then have a couple extra phones so that when one truck goes out to an install site with a foreman and three laborers, they can take an extra phone so that if one of them goes and runs an errand, they can take a phone while the foreman still has his. With the number of phones we use, it is cost effective to have a family share plan rather than a business plan. The guys know that if they use it personally to use them at night during off peek hours.

3. Oxmow

Oxmow LawnSite Senior Member

I have given a crew leader a phone as well. It worked out well due to it being GPS enabled and I could track his whereabouts during the workday.