1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Proxy & Iron In a Backpack.

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by MMLawn, Mar 21, 2006.

1. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Okay guys blast away but I have to ask anyway.

We have several commercial props that have a huge amount of trimmimg and I figure if we can cut down the trimmimg time by an hour on each prop that we can overall gain a couple extra work days during the season. So we are going to try Proxy PGR. Now I know using Proxy in a BP is not the best way but the fence lines and ditchbanks that we need to spray it on are not accessible for my skid sprayer so we have no option but to use a backpack. We are also going to mix in Chelated Iron 12N 6FE 2MN just to make sure we don't get any yellowing. Now I know the rate of Proxy is listed at 5oz per 1000K, but many university studies recommend 10oz per 1000K and I guess I can blow the dust off my certification study material and then spend the next several hours coming up with the Proxy and Iron rate per gallon for the BP but I was hoping maybe one of you kind, wonderful, helpful dudes already had it from past experience.

Oh yeah, YES I did a search and found nothing other than a guy that said "he thought it was 3.5oz per gallon" and off the top of my head that sounds to high based on the label mix of 5oz per 1000K.
  2. MMLawn

DANG! I may have to eat my words here. While I'd still like someone/everyones opinion I just did the math and dang if he wasn't close as I got the Proxy rate at 3.4oz per gallon in the old back pack.
  3. MMLawn

Well, since nobody seems to know or either wouldn't share the info :cry: I figured it and for any of you guys that may need it in the future based on the label and the per 1,000 rate I came up with mixing the Proxy at 3.4 oz and the Iron at 2.0oz per gallon in a 4 gallon BP.