Pruning forum?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by dishboy, Mar 6, 2004.

1. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

I see that questions about pruning are being moved over to the Landscape forum. Sean would there be enough interest to support a forum for just pruning and landscape gardening issues. I do not see in any of the forum descriptions that pruning is addressed specifcally.

2. Sean Adams

Sean Adams LawnSite Gold Member

You make a good point....technically the landscape forum is for construction and design, etc... pruning is a maintenance task....Maybe we should create a "Maintenance & Renovation Forum"....dedicated to tasks such as bed maintenance, pruning, mulching, etc.... I don't know.

What does everyone else think?

3. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

sounds like a winner to me:cool:

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how about seperate: landscaping maintenance & landscaping installation forums?

5. bigshoe

bigshoe LawnSite Member

"Maintenance & Renovation Forum" sounds good to me!

6. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Usually, when someone suggests a new forum, I disagree, saying we have enough. This time, I think it's a good idea.
    Crawdad

7. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

How about a sub-category of the landscape forum .... like the employment sub-forum within the networking forum.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

sounds like a good idea to me chuck

9. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Personally I do not care where or how it ia addressed, only that it would be visible to new and old members alike. If I had my way I would make it a pruning forum or landcape maintenance forum that included other aspects such as removals, perennial care, etc.
    But I never get my way anyway.
    Tom

10. lawnlubber

lawnlubber LawnSite Member

This thread is right on track. Mowing is less than half of my bus, I don't do any applications at this time and calling my work landscaping is overglorifying. The suggested landscape gardening forum would fit perfectly. It might carry threads on pruning, mulching, plant choice etc. The landscape posts are often geared to someone driving a skid loader. I work in the downtown area, many jobs have to be done with hand tools and small equipment because of space restrictions,buried lines etc. I could really use a forum devoted to smaller landscape and maintenance jobs and not mowing and fertilizing.