pruning help

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by jsf343, Jul 2, 2008.

1. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am looking to try and find easy to understand material or something on line that offers more education on pruning. Anybody else done this or know of anything out there. I am trying to educate my employees a bit more to make them more valuable to us. The local colleges do not have anything right now that they offer so that is not an option.

anything... web sites, on-line classes maybe, a book that has helped you, anything. I figured if ANYONE would know of something it would be the folks on here.

Thank you in advance,

Jeff

2. Merlin300

Merlin300 LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

3. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Those are really good for trees, I will keep them. I am mainly trying to find some things on general shrubs, plants, flowers (perennials mainly) that type of thing. Thank you for what you sent though, I will use it.

Jeff

4. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

5. iomonet

iomonet LawnSite Member

I am state certified in Tennessee and the Ag agents have handouts and do some training for free. Check with your states Agricultural Office in your city. Also there is a web site for literature in spanish.

6. PR Fect

PR Fect LawnSite Bronze Member

Jeff look for a paper back called Smith & Hawken "The Hands on Gardener" Pruning, by Robert Kourik. Its a little wordie, but just what you are looking for. PR