1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

PS 6.0's

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by recliner5, Nov 24, 2002.

1. Randy J

Randy J LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's a link to that post on 7.3L vs. 6.0L engines;
    7.3L vs. 6.0L
  2. recliner5

recliner5 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Rebates might be pretty good come Feb. Probably get some good deals on f-150's, 4.6. I'm sure the F-250's 6.0 won't have any incentives. If gasoline keeps dropping right now it is $ 1.18. Diesel fuel $ 1. 40. Just printed out the x-plan invoices on the F-series, fellas I am leaning toward the 1-50, but sure like the looks of the 250.
  3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Depending on what you are looking for, a gas burner XL F250 could be had for as little as $20k. I like the oil squisher, but you are adding almost 5k right out of the gate. I guess get what you need and what makes you happy. If you are already thinking of a 4x4 F350 CC Lariat, what's a few thousand more? ;)

As far as the incentives go, everyone thinks the 6.0 will sell itself without any. This is the opinion of Ford loyalists though. If GM and Dodge sales are good and Ford is losing market share, there will be incentives.
  4. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Pretty much comparing apples to oranges here. You either need the 250 or you don't. That 150 is not going to do half the 250 can, at least not do it and last any amount of time. You can still get gas motors in the 250 or 350. :)