PT 60 demo

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by 74inchShovel, Mar 8, 2008.

1. 74inchShovel

74inchShovel LawnSite Member

I was driving by the ASV dealer today, not expecting anyone there so thought I would stop and take a look. Turns out the owner was there, and after a brief talk, he handed me the key to a new PT 60. Simply put, the fastest I have ever been in a SSL, CTL. 11 mph, but what was really impressive was the ease in which it did it, and the smoothness. It was cab,heat, hyd. QA, and seemed to be quite a step up from my RC 30 in terms of build quality.The Analog guages were nice, my only concern was Price 41k list, and lag on controls for drive. His response was it was a break-in issue and would go away. :confused: In my area, ASV is quite a bit higher in price, pound for pound, horsepower for horsepower, etc.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

What is the ROC of that machine? Did ASV adapt the CAT E/H controls or are they still pilot controls? I doubt the issue is break in. It is either not PDIed correctly or itis that way by design.

3. 74inchShovel

I doubt the problem is break in, it sounded like a line to me. I think ROC is 1330 at 35%, good question on the E/h. Are you saying the 247B is E/H? I ran that one too, and it is dialed in perfect. No lag at all.

4. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

ROC 1900lbs @ 50%. They are still pilot controlled. I agree with you that it probably needs to be PDIed. I demoed on when they first came out and it was perfectly responsive. They are fast and what really suprised me was how well it dug and turned with a full bucket load even in high gear. The instrument package with the tach is pretty nice and definitely a step up from my RC50.

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

There is a slight lag in the pilots, but after the oil warms up it goes away and becomes super precise, my 247 still sounds the reverse alarm if I go from reverse into forward and turn slightly, but it goes away after 3 minutes of WOT.

6. hansondirtman

hansondirtman LawnSite Member

Ron's right, same with my 80, much more responsive with warm hyd.oil, for my machine that can take 15 minutes or so.

7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

Yea when they are cold they will continue to move in the direction that you don't want them to go. Once they warm up they are as quick as you can move your hand. Sounds like a good machine. Great for the speed.

8. hansondirtman

hansondirtman LawnSite Member

I googled ASV PT-60 to see if I could find any pics other than ASvs website, found a little, but what I did find something I did not expect. Ron and digdeep, you guys will like this: http://www.ara.com/capabilities/p_ugv.htm

Check out the cat video, and the rc-50 ones I particulary like the fording the stream.

9. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I wish I could find a test with the Posi track and a Cat MTL. Pick equal sized machines and run them through extreme mud conditions to see which one floats the best. Then test them in hard digging applications and hill climbing. Then see what one can load a dump truck faster and smoother. That would be a good video to watch.

10. 74inchShovel

What I like about the Cat is how they improved over the original ASV design. Boggie wheels are now bolted to a steel center, and the best thing is final drive is via planetary. New to the B series. With a 18 volt cordless gun, a guy could change out a wheel in under 5 minutes.