PTO Clutch

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by gene gls, Sep 17, 2003.

1. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

P/j,

Would you do us older Z owners a favor? Please ask the Hustler Parts Dept. to make a note in their parts book that any one changing over to the Borg Warner clutch needs special brackets for mounting. Or, send a service bullition to the dealers notifing them of this requirement.I took my Super Z to Bacher's Tuesday for the new clutch. Who ever ordered the clutch didn't know about the brackets. I wasted 3 hours of travel time and a days use of the machine because they couldn't change it out.

Thanks.......

Gene

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

There is a part # for a kit to replace the Ogura's, it comes with the Warner clutch and all brackets and hardware to do the job, the dealers have had this bulletin for quite some time.

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

P/j,

Thanks for the reply. This ticks me off big time. They are playing dumb. Telling me this is the first change over and didn't know about the brackets. I think Bachers is more interested in big equipment and not lawn mowers. Last time my Z was there it took them 11 days to adjust the air gap. I had a discuession with Jim about that incedent.

Gene

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Smart ----- comments are not needed or welcome here John, please post them elsewhere.

5. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

can you please pm me with the part numbers for the kit.

kenny.

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY