PTO Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ribit, Jul 6, 2005.

1. ribit

ribit LawnSite Member

Hey guy's, I have a zero turn Bobcat and I can't get my blades to kick in. The PTO is activated but the blade spins very slowly. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

This will probably be moved to the repair forum, you'll get a quick answer there.

3. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

have you checked the belt? is it loose? or tight as is should be? if it is loose, check the belt tensioner to make sure that it is not siezed.

I don't know what brand of clutch is on there, but if you have to change it, you should do it yourself, it's just one bolt to take off, untension the belt and slip it off the clutch and you can take it out. then just line up the new one in the keyway, screw the bolt in, connect the electrical plug, put the belt back on, and your golden.

4. mowingguy

mowingguy Guest

ribit, if you hear the clutches engaging most likely belt is lose or something on mower deck is afoul.
    If you do not hear the electric clutch engage:
    Check our safety switches and other electric connections. If that does not cure it.
    (depending on which clutch you have) you may need to instal a new clutch but some you can adjust. -SL

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

yeah, if you don't hear it engage, give the fuses a quick look see. if they are fine, check the pto switch. if you have the adjustable type, you may need to adjust it. if all else fails, buy the new clutch and stick it on there.

it would be a good thing to have a multi meter, and a connectivity tester if you are going to be fixing the electrical.

6. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search on here for PTO. You will see they are atleast 1 a week on here, some times 3 or 4 a week. I have got tired of retyping the same thing over and over. I think we need a "PTO Forum" on here. It would be the second biggest hit on Lawnsite